Head of Client Coverage for the UK, SVP
You will head the firms client coverage efforts for all country sales and relationship management coverage efforts in the United Kingdom. Also included in your remit will be building product solutions for your client-set in conjunction with the Product Development Group and relevant Client Segments. Role specifics
Responsibility for managing existing book of business and driving Business Development (both personally and via your team) for clients in the Region. There should be a strong priority on strategic names across the Region in particular for those names identified as of critical strategic importance. The sales effort will be across all of State Street's products/services and in close coordination with the Product development organization and aligned to State Street's segment strategy.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Develop and refine the Strategic Plan for UK coverage (Focus on Strategic Prospects, and ensure appropriate coverage of priority clients)
- Through assigned relationship managers and sales resources, develop account plans for existing clients, and sales targets for prospect names
- Conduct regular Deal and Pipeline Reviews
- Annual Review of Strategic Markets and Account Plans
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role's managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
- Considerable and in-depth experience in sales and relationship management of Financial Services solutions, at leadership level, preferably focusing on custody/fund administration/investor services
- Proven and consistently strong track record of developing new and existing business.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and maintaining lasting client relationships with C Suite level individuals. Should have clear ability to present complex topics in a compelling and concise way to this level of audience.
- Knowledge and clients relations in some/all of our key client segments Asset Management, Alternatives, Insurance, Asset Owners &/or Official Institutions) required
- Demonstrated experience and success selling and maintaining strong institutional client relationships in the UK is essential
- Excellent time management and presentation skills
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding financial goals
- Proven ability to manage and drive a team to pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Ability to navigate large global companies