Permanent opportunity to join us here at M&G. Location is flexible
The PAC Finance Reporting team within Finance is accountable for delivering on time and accurate financial results (statutory and regulatory) and disclosures across all reporting metrics for PAC and other insurance subsidiaries, which provide real business insights, quality assurance and technical advice. The team is also responsible for ensuring that our reporting evolves in line with regulatory and industry requirements.
The Head of PAC Management Reporting is responsible for all non-regulatory financial reporting with respect to PAC and its subsidaries, including information and analysis to support business decisions.
They are responsible for leading the financial reporting contribution to the company's strategic initiatives, new product devleopments and capital management. In addition, they are responsible for the actuarial judgements required in respect of financial reporting, including the valuation methodology and assumptions.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk
- Provision of informative, accurate and timely financial information to the business to support balance sheet management and business decisions
- Set actuarial valuation methodology and assumptions that are compliant with regulations and actuarial standards
- Lead the financial reporting contribution to the company's strategic initiatives, new product devleopments and capital management
- Provide SME Finance Reporting support to the wider business
- Develop analysis and reporting that supports the business ambitions
- Own the production of PAC and PPL's SFCR and RSR
- Lead and support the company's transformation ambitions with respect to financial reporting and more widely
- Developing and leading a strong, high performing team who operate as trusted partners to the rest of the business
- Managing the costs and forecast run rate of this team in line with agreed budgets
- Applying the Control Framework for the team
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A Qualified Actuary with significant post qualification experience
- Detailed knowledge, expertise and experience in financial reporting
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory environment and the associated reporting
- Strong knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Detailed knowledge, expertise and experience in reporting – UK GAAP, IFRS and Solvency II
Significant experience of leading technical and reporting teams to deliver under pressure and/or tight timescales
- Adept at disseminating complex information to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience of reviewing and editing financial reports to ensure compliance with auditing and actuarial standards
- Significant experience of using actuarial principles and tools, and leveraging them to monitor adherence plus highlight areas for improvements
- A visible leader with a strong focus on execution and role models behaviours.
Work Level: Integration Leader
Recruiter Name: Emma Pryde
Closing Date: 2nd November 2020