My client is an asset management firm who are looking to hire a head of secured income into a newly created role.
Secure Income Assets Strategy Implementation
- Monitoring the past performance of the SI assets portfolio relative to the benchmark and recommend any required action
- Monitoring the prospective performance of the SI assets portfolio relative to the required performance necessary to deliver the Fund’s objectives
- Ensure property and infrastructure debt managers investment strategy is aligned with the funds hedging and cashflow liability requirements as agreed with the CIO.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the Investment Committee/Trustee Board as required.
- Writing papers for Committees, Board or Investment Committee (‘IC’), Trustee Board or peer reviewing providing input to the Fund’s financial performance.
- Work with the Fund investment strategy manager to manage the cash flow and liquidity requirements of the SI assets Fund.
Secure Income assets strategy development
- Responsible for the SI asset investments within the portfolio, investing to pay pensions and enable growth. Investing across the SI assets and illiquidspace, concentrating on risk and reward optimisation to ensure value across the portfolio, being cognisant of liability matching and cashflow requirements.
- In conjunction with the CIO determining the best internal structure for accessing secure income asset investments and implementing it.
- Strategically identifying new asset classes for the fund, researching and recommending risk appetite and then guiding these through the internal and external governance process.
- Presenting on a regular basis to senior stakeholders including Trustee Board, IC and the Company to ensure their support for any proposals.
- Managing a SI assets portfolio that has a balanced risk profile across ratings, duration curve and asset classes including expansion in infrastructure and private corporate markets including ensuring the quality of the assets.
- Collaboratively working with SI asset investment managers assisting them in creating assets suitable for the portfolio and managing the relationship with our investment managers.
- In conjunction with the CIO develop a suitable SI assets portfolio to deliver the cash flow profile and hedging characteristics to meet fund objectives.
- The role holder will require a solid understanding of core SI asset classes and have a good level of knowledge and skills in respect to more complicated and esoteric investments.
- The ability to focus on broader strategic objectives is key and knowing how specific components of the role interact with other parts of the portfolio is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate with stakeholders who have different backgrounds, knowledge and understanding.
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to take a wide range of complicated views and data and bring it together into a coherent view.
- The individual needs to have the ability to establish and maintain a clear and robust process.
- The person in the role will need to be seen as a credible individual who is able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders ranging from the Trustees, the company and external consultants.
- Communication and influencing skills – build close rapport with internal and external stakeholders, professionally and competently
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues succinctly to a range of audiences
- Collaborative and effective team working – consider all necessary angles in coming to a decision, and ensures involvement with relevant stakeholders as necessary
- Experienced in attending board and committee meetings and exhibit strong presentation skills
- Leadership experience - the role will also provide guidance to junior team members, e.g. analysts