IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Competitive package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Kuwait Investment Office
- 15 Feb 19
Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management. We are currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team. Reporting to the Head of IT, the job holder will administer, develop and provide efficient infrastructure technology architecture for Virtualisation and remote connectivity and to provide additional administration and technical services to Technology Support as required.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- To manage and administer the VMware and Citrix Virtualisation infrastructure in line with agreed procedures and controls.
- To develop, implement and maintain agreed standards and procedures for virtualization and other services as directed in line with the requirements of the Office.
- To manage and apply changes to the technology architecture in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- To monitor the efficiency and integrity of virtualisation, remote connectivity and other services to the business as directed
- To proactively research and make recommendations for improvements to the technology architecture and processes.
- To provide out of hours competency support as required by the Office.
- As required specialise in one or more “domain” to provide expertise and to support procurement and account management.
- When required provide first and second level support and services in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- As required assume the role of Security Administrator for designated domains.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelors Degree with an additional IT qualifications. i.e. VCP – VMware certified professional, MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or Citrix certification beneficial.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably working in a financial services institution.
- Experience of supporting VMware in a distributed environment.
- Experience of supporting Citrix Xenapp including rolling out new versions.
- Experience of administration or support of Firewalls advantageous
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory Services platforms, preferably in a financial institution with experience of financial applications.
- Experience of structured problem solving techniques and a highly motivated individual with a service driven attitude with strong technical aptitude and good interpersonal skills.
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.