We are working with a Global Infrastructure Debt fund who are hiring an experienced Associate to join its team in London. The role will primarily focus on European Debt (Senior / Junior) investments and offer some exposure to its Equity strategy also.
- Evaluation of new potential investments based upon fundamental and detailed investment analysis and understanding the dynamics of the sector
- Assistance with preparation of investment committee papers for new opportunities
- Full transaction execution including financial modelling analysis, undertaking due diligence, negotiation of key terms and documentation
- Pro-active management of existing investments by preparing and reviewing regular reports and managing waivers and approvals according to the relevant procedures.
- Assistance in supporting the provision of on-going client reporting and contribute to the periodic review of infrastructure procedures.
- Assistance with the ongoing development and incorporation of ESG and carbon footprint methodologies into the investment appraisal / decision-making
- The candidate is likely to have 3-4 years’ experience of infrastructure debt investment, focussing on Europe
- Strong financial analysis and transaction skills – credit structuring, rating methodology and / or financial advisory experience being particularly relevant
- Flexible, responsive with a keen attention to detail. The role is a dynamic where large numbers of transactions are reviewed in order to screen out poor value or unsuitable investments and the ability to execute transactions to achieve the required credit rating level and value is critical
- It is necessary to be able to work with a variety of investment formats and also to be able to develop a transaction entirely in house if need be
- Strong financial modelling skills are an advantage and detailed knowledge of the different investment documentation and structures appropriate to the various sub-sectors is also important
To discuss this role in confidence contact Diarmuid Clancy via firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly via the link provided.