We are working with a boutique asset manager, seeking a Senior risk professional to ensure the business has robust investment risk governance and procedures in place for its high growth asset management division. The ideal candidate will drive all things Investment Risk and act as a key point of contact, engaging with PM’s and C-Level. Working within the quantitative risk team and the broader risk and compliance function to deliver growth orientated risk culture/frameworks. There may also be crossover with the banking division, which will include (but is not limited to) measuring, monitoring, and reporting investment, and developing new tools/methodologies.
- Be a key point of contact for all investment risk related queries across the firm.
- Daily risk report production and investigation of out of tolerance metrics.
- Use of third-party risk models as well as tools developed internally to provide risk insight.
- Develop tools to conduct analysis or implement efficient data management.
- May require the manual building of reports or prototypes (e.g. using coding or spreadsheets, but not limited to this) to provide proof of concept before tools are implemented.
- Liaise with Portfolio Managers and Analysts as required to refine analyses and communicate key findings. Contribute to product development initiatives as a Risk representative.
- Includes analysing and challenging portfolio construction.
- Perform stress-testing activities.
- Assist with ESG risks in the risk framework.
- Communicate methodologies and results within the Risk team, prepare materials and deliver presentations.
- At least 5 years’ experience within financial services, ideally an asset manager or bank.
- Industry qualifications such as FRM, PRM, IMC or CFA or willingness to study towards one.
- Degree in a numerical discipline (e.g. Finance, Mathematics, Physics) preferred.
- Programming skills: VBA, SQL, MATLAB, R, or Python.
- Experience within portfolio analytics software.
- Experience with multi-factor risk models preferred.
- Ability to explain complex ideas and share knowledge.
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000 dependant on experience.
Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that may be suiting to your skills.
For similar opportunities across investment management, follow Miryco Consultants Ltd on LinkedIn.