Software Engineer- Portfolio Technology
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a hardworking application developer to join our team. Building on top of PIMCO's modern cloud-based solution infrastructure, we develop and maintain the central applications, platforms and tools that are the backbone of PIMCO's trading and portfolio management processes by maximizing scalable technology solutions provided by PIMCO's core engineering team. Dedicated to supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion and acceptance, at PIMCO we work to create an environment where all our people can be their authentic selves. We strive to heighten our employees' appreciation for diverse perspectives and skills, facilitating increased collaboration and enhancing our ability to attract and engage top talent.
In this role, you will be working on:
- Trade risk sizing and capital allocation decision support tools
- Order generation
- Fine-grained trade risk and performance tracking
- Portfolio PnL and historical performance attribution
- Customized Trade Floor reporting
- Forward development of new system components and enhancements to the existing codebase
- Direct interaction with business users (Trade Floor, PMs, Risk Managers, etc.) in order to define, rollout, and support new platform features
- Detailed understanding of various aspects of PIMCO business and operational processes
- Architecture, design, and coding; solving engineering challenges associated with large data processing volumes, complex calculation dependencies, horizontal compute scale vs centralized data storage, etc.
- Candidates should have 5 years of experience in the investment domain building large-scale application solutions by using modern full stack technologies in a front office environment or supporting a portfolio management technology capacity
- Solid experience in writing backend services using Java, or C# (while we are using Java, we will consider strong candidates in other languages as long as they show ability to learn Java)
- Interest in learning about / working with modern UI technologies
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office