Transformation Lead -Asset Mgmt Operating Platform
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO operations technology supports Fixed Income, Commodities, Derivatives, FX, Equities, Bank Loans and a broad array of Alternative asset classes. We are seeking an accomplished Technology leader to manage the ongoing advancement of our current systems and in addition help drive transformation through the build out of a state of the art middle and back office services platform.
- Develop platform strategy, solutions architecture and data models for next-gen Operations technology
- Work with the business and technology leadership to align prioritization to develop the required services and applications to support a wide array of investment management functions (Trade Management, Client Onboarding Regulatory & Client Reporting, Reference Data. etc.)
- Partner with technical leads distill out key requirements, workflows, data models architecture and infrastructure solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar field. This role does require a minimum of seven (7) year experience working in a development capacity specifically on middle to back-office settlement and clearing applications.
- Work experience across one or all of the following domains - Portfolio Accounting, Trade Operations, Mutual Funds and Alternatives
- Experience utilizing public cloud technologies - Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with a variety of Data Exchange, Data Store, Messaging, Grid Compute, Business Intelligence and Database technologies
- Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, .Net)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively between teams and organizations
- Insight into standard methodologies for software development
- Experience ensuring high employee engagement with processes
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office