Lead Ux Writer
Lead UX Writer Palo Alto, CA / Design / Full-time Wealthfronts vision
We are building a digital-only financial hub, thats working hard to improve financial outcomes for our clients while they spend their time doing the things they love. We envision a future where we automatically route a clients paycheck intelligently to take care of their day-to-day needs, emergency funds, savings for upcoming expenses, sending kids to college and a secure long-term future. This is an audacious and inspiring vision we call Self-driving Money. Unlike many large companies where designers are trained to make incremental changes and work through a chain of hierarchy to advocate for bold new ideas, designers at Wealthfront are expected to be innovative, creative and strategic, because design is critical to realizing our vision. Designers are expected to define problems, new opportunities and solutions that are deeply rooted in human psychology and behavior as well as a sound understanding of our technology and business, all in very tight collaboration with engineers, product managers, researchers and data scientists. In an environment where were making big bets, and innovation is encouraged, we embrace failure and care much more about magnitude of success versus percentage of times we are successful. And unlike many organizations, design is an equal partner to engineering and product and plays an important role in the executive staff that collectively make all critical strategic decisions. What are we looking for? Were looking for an experienced UX Content Strategist to help us create a product that empowers people to manage and grow their money confidently. That means simple-yet-sophisticated financial planning and powerful services like high-interest cash and automated investing as we drive toward a bold vision of self-driving money. Thats a lot for an app, which is where you come in. You love simplifying the complex and creating intuitive product experiences through better UX content. You tirelessly advocate for the users point of view, and can translate that point of view into narrative and copy for a more intuitive app experience. What are we offering? A meaningful mission at a company where content has a true seat at the table as a strategic partner in developing trust with our clients. Youre not only a writer, but a strategic thinker who connects our mission to the real-life people whose financial lives were trying to improve. What will you do here? Youll play a strategic role along with researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to develop a deep understanding of our clients perspective. Youll leverage those insights to create compelling user journeys and content that helps people understand their finances holistically and make confident decisions.
What youll do
- Join a cross-functional team to develop a deep understanding of how our users think about their finances and goals
- Develop frameworks for how to think about content in the context of our product
- Collaborate with design to craft user journeys and product narratives that meet users where they are and guide them to where they want to go
- Translate complex ideas into clear, concise content to make personal finance more approachable and relatable
- Be a tireless advocate for the client point of view
- Develop systems, standards, and workflows to improve the ways we work as a content team and collaborate cross-functionally
- Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our products and platforms
What do you bring with you?
- A strong belief that clear communication can make or break a product experience
- An interest in the finer points of wordsmithery
- Experience working with product managers and UX designers, and a portfolio that demonstrate a history of successful results
- Experience with content standards and best practices for web and mobile interfaces
- An understanding of personal finance is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in similar roles
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. About
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, well be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.