About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Technology and Enterprise Services (TES) provides employees with robust technology infrastructure and strategic workplace solutions to deliver a consistent employee experience around the world. TES consists of seven teams, each aligned to support the firm’s functions: Business Relationship Management (BRM), Enterprise Security (ES), Global Digital Workplace (GDW), Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI), Global Information Security (GIS), Global Real Estate (GRE), Data Ops Engineering (DOE), Artificial Intelligence Labs (AIL) and Global Shared Services (GSS).
The TES Project Management Office (PMO) is the centralized organization across TES and is responsible for delivering strategic projects for the organization on time and under budget. The team also drives project management standards and reporting, quality assurance and program management of large platforms.
Your essential functions, responsibilities & duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver the governance and framework developed for Cloud migrations
- Drive the Cloud onboarding process and assist the business in prioritizing deployments
- Direct the implementation and configuration of migration tools from demo and pilot efforts to full-scale enterprise-level phased migrations
- Deliver migrations within schedule, scope and budget as designed in the migration strategies
- Build standard, detailed migration plans utilizing work breakdown structure to establish critical path, agreed-upon milestones/deliverables, and resource plans according to the cloud migration strategy
- Naturally drive visibility into the communication channel from engineers to executives
- Prepare executive reports and present to Senior Management (both client and internal)
- Lead identification of risks, actions, and issues through dedicated communication and collaboration with key partners and various teams
- Lead rapid migration approaches for cloud-based solutions utilizing agile project management approaches
- Lead Steady State Hand-Off activities utilizing previous experience in service delivery management of operations support for hosted applications.
- Lead overall project budget and procurement process
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in various time zones and drive teams on task delivery
- Establish critical internal relations to navigate opposition to change using emotional intelligence and superb interpersonal skills
- Establish accountability for all key members delivering to achievements and deliverables
- Lead and evaluate project team members and other staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept ability to navigate organizational structures
- 8+ years of professional Information Technology experience in an enterprise level environment
- 5+ years of recent experience in Cloud IT transition, transformation, and migration management, preferably with mass migrations technology
- Experience working with CMMI/Dev 3 processes
- Project Management Certification desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Program Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
Preferred (but not required) Skills
- Agile Project Management experience (e.g., Jira/Confluence)
- AWS/MS Azure Certifications
- Cloud Management
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.