Director, Aladdin Accounting Technology
Description About this role Title
Technical Engineering Leader - Aladdin Accounting
APG - Product Engineering Location:
New York / Atlanta BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.8 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock . Job Purpose
As the Technical Lead for Aladdin Accounting, you'll lead a team that works closely with BlackRock's Aladdin Product Management and Design team to build Aladdin's Accounting platform. Our primary objective is to ensure that systems are highly scalable to support ongoing business demands and client requirements. The team is responsible for delivering tools used by Operations professionals at BlackRock and Aladdin Clients, to calculate Portfolio Valuation, Official Performance and Investment Accounting. Accounting and Performance functionality contributes heavily to the evolution of the Aladdin platform which directly influences the product's market share. The team has a global footprint with team members in New York, Atlanta, Delaware and Gurgaon. Key responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have a background in managing development teams that work on business facing transactional system. They will have demonstrated the ability to manage people, make architectural decisions, understand business processes to deliver the cleanest solutions.
- Share responsibility for architecting and implementing the firms accounting platforms. Partner with 3rd parties (like Consulting Firms) and develop technical specifications.
- Own responsibility for availability, scalability, performance and capacity from development through production for a critical strategic build of the new accounting platform
- Reduce errors on deployments, improve reliability, and increase speed of implementation through automation
- Continuously refine and improve our toolset to improve our data and persistence layers
- 10+ years of experience in IT including at least 7 years in architecture roles
- Experience building multi-tier, scalable, fault tolerant web applications
- Experience with platform integrations and designing service APIs
- Extensive Service-Oriented Architecture patterns and design knowledge and familiarity with cloud based services
- Expertise with identity management, authentication and information security best practices
- Expertise in working with complex cross-domain applications in a global organization across multiple time zones
- Enjoys a fast paced, high-intensity and complex environment, troubleshooting time sensitive critical issues and working with people
- Extensive experience with multi-tier transactional architecture and design
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development in Java and web development stacks (Angular, NodeJS, HTML & CSS)
- Experience with Sybase, Cassandra
- Event / Stream processing technologies
- Experience using Agile methodologies - previous experience working from a backlog, sprints, retrospectives etc.
- Passionate about test driven, clean code, automatically tested and continuous deployment
- Line management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to present and convey ideas
- Strong attention to detail; action-oriented attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Curious to explore emerging technologies and learn new things
- Use metrics to drive decision making
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Masters degree preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Lead a 15+ global team with footprints in North America, Europe and Asia
- Lead and grow a new team in one of BlackRock's newest locations
- Coordinate and plan with your peers in other offices around the globe
- Manage and lead complex projects
- Communicate effectively to senior managers
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.