Chief Architect, EVP
Reporting to the CIO of GTS, the Chief Architect will work closely with State Street's executive management team to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues facing the organization and translate those into a comprehensive technology architecture strategy. The position is responsible for providing strategic architecture leadership that spans across all parts of the organization.
Design, develop and oversee the execution of solutions to address business requirements across the entire Bank. Establishes business system information architecture requirements in the development of enterprise-wide information systems for all aspects of the bank. Provides architectural blueprints and technical architectural leadership and guidance to the other functional areas of the GTS team.
Responsible for translating business vision into technical strategy by collaborating with Product Management, Strategic Design and Ventures Leadership. The role is responsible for defining our application roadmap aligned to our 3-5 year strategy and targets. A key aspect of the role is identifying opportunities for consolidation, complexity reduction, and simplification.
This role designs comprehensive solutions considering people, process, data, integrations, and technology, aligning application and technology roadmaps with business goals, and driving the transition from current to future state in order to drive business value. Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Lead a team of highly specialized management who are responsible for overseeing development of new technologies as well as driving the company's overall technical directions, including mid-term and long-term technology strategy, technology policy and forward looking research and formulating intellectual property strategies
- Identify opportunities, build product vision and understand market needs, roadmap and strategy
- Propose product strategy changes as a result of competitive changes in the marketplace
- Optimize and manage market share, long-term competitiveness and related ROI of the product line
- Develop and manage a next generation software and platform certification lab
- Develop a manage the ongoing strategy for evaluate build, buy or partner decisions.
- Establish and manage an on-going Software procurement Architecture review board
- Ensures technology investments and strategies align with business requirements and technology roadmaps.
- Provides advanced expertise in multiple technologies, including emerging technologies.
- Directs changes to the IT organization and processes that strike the optimal balance between performance, business results, and spend management.
- Leads architecture design that is global or enterprise level and ensures adherence to architectural standards
- Conducting project reviews to ensure initiative alignment to target state.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology/Management (Masters level preferred)
- Minimum of 20 years IT experience
- 15+ years in management with proven experience at the executive level
- 10+ years experience working within the Architecture discipline
- Entrepreneurial spirit with execution based focus and speed to market with pragmatic approach
- Extensive experience with servicing clients at all levels
- Experience creating and managing an Application Inventory and aligning annual business planning and new portfolio management processes to ensure industry data standards, lifecycle mgmt. of infrastructure, integrations, application, and retirement strategies are incorporated into multi-year plans.
- Proven ability to deliver leading edge technology in financial services within rapid timeframes and cost effectively