This position has development and maintenance responsibility for the software programs, databases and processes associated with our Investments systems, but provides exposure to many business units in a dynamic investment management firm. The software engineer will work directly with business stake holders, along with other IT team members of varying disciplines, to meet stated objectives.
Acadian is a pioneering, intellectually rigorous investment manager with a results-driven client orientation. For over three decades our team has used data and technology to empower the highest level of financial insight, from traditional equity based quantitative models to machine learning and multi asset class based strategies. We are in the midst of an ambitious, paradigm shifting transformation of our business process and technical architecture to take the company to the next level. If you want to be part of an exciting, ground-breaking program to elevate asset management to new heights using cutting edge cloud based technology, Acadian is the place to be.
What You’ll Do:
- Assume responsibility for the development, design and ongoing maintenance of core business applications leveraging C#, Visual Studio, SQLServer, AWS and other technologies
- Work collaboratively within IT and various business units across the firm
- Partner with various teams to research, resolve, and document production issues
- Gather, analyze, and utilize portfolio, security, and trading data from a variety of sources
- Fully test solutions prior to production deployment
We’re Looking for Teammates With:
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or equivalent; ten plus years of experience in a software development role.
- At least five years in a financial services related development environment; front office and/or trading experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and help lead the engineering efforts as part of a small delivery team.
- Strong working knowledge of modern software design principles, concepts, and practices
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Technology Stack (e.g. ASP.NET, C#) and Python
- Ability to clearly articulate requirements, design and implementation of software in verbal, graphical and written form
- Ability to develop and implement unit, integration and system tests for software verification purposes
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud based environments; practical experience a plus
Why work here:
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency.
- Casual office environment. Casual dress code everyday. The kitchens are stocked with free snacks and drinks.
- Better Benefits. Get quality medical, dental and vision insurance; Paid leave bank of 20 days; Profit Sharing; Tuition & Health Club Reimbursement.
- Opportunities to Develop Personally & Professionally. We promote local volunteerism and organize hands-on opportunities throughout the year. Work side-by-side with some of the industry’s most admired professionals.
To apply for this position or view Acadian’s open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.