Research Associate, Industry Research, Technology
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are seeking to recruit a Research Associate (RA), who will be based in Boston as part of the Global Industry Research Technology Team. The team manages assets in excess of $15 billion over a variety of long-only, long/short, and private equity client mandates. The RA will work closely with the senior Internet Global Industry Analyst on the team to research public companies within the technology industry, specifically focused on Internet and Gaming companies. The ideal candidate will be a self-directed, hard-working team player who is passionate about both learning and investment management. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Analytical acumen and passion for markets -The ideal candidate will have strong analytical capabilities and financial modeling skills and an eagerness to apply their expertise in support of Wellington's technology investing. The ability to synthesize disparate information, identify the most important elements, and arrive at a conclusion is required. The RA will be passionate about investing and the technology industry and demonstrate a strong desire to identify differentiated investment opportunities through fundamental analysis.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The Research Associate will be a self-directed, hard-working team player, who contributes to the research efforts of the senior Internet and Gaming Analyst. The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment and will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues across the technology team. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) and contribute to an open investment dialogue is required.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving, and growing as a Research Associate is important. The RA will have a global perspective and creative approach for analyzing investment opportunities in technology equities.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Building and maintaining company financial models on current and prospective investments;
- Maintaining the integrity of industry and comparative valuation models;
- Performing continuous due diligence on Internet and Gaming companies spanning the breadth of the sector;
- Attending company meetings and investment industry conferences;
- Completing complex analytical projects under tight time constraints; and
- Making long and short investment recommendations to the technology team.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Superior academic credentials and track record: an undergraduate degree is required; progression towards attaining the CFA designation will be viewed favorably;
- One to three years of prior investment research experience is preferred; strong applicants with other relevant experience (e.g., investment banking or consulting) will also be considered;
- Sound judgment, strong work ethic and highest personal and professional integrity;
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving ability;
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity;
- Strong financial modeling and accounting skills;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the face of uncertainty;
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well;
- Strict attention to detail;
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Aptitude for and ability to leverage technology/investment science to improve effectiveness and efficiency; and
- Experience with programming languages/data visualization tools (such as Python, R, Tableau etc.), while not required, would be additive.
Research Associate, Industry Research, Technology LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .