Senior Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Title: SENIOR Systems analyst
Team: Guideline monitoring
KEYS to this position
We are seeking strong Systems Analyst skills (gathering business requirements, writing functional specs, etc.) Domain: The candidate should understand the investment workflow and experience in one of the following: Compliance, Trading or the front office. Technical: Must be proficient in querying the database with SQL. Strong Work Ethic, Willingness to learn and attention to detail are a must. Prior experience with any Buy-side or Sell side or Custodian shops (i.e. Fidelity, Morgan Stanley, State Street, etc.). Any shops that use Investment Compliance/LatentZero Sentinel/Charles River IMS Compliance/Blackrock Aladdin Compliance is desirable but not required. Excellent communication skills are required.
The guideline monitoring team is responsible for providing solutions that meet our Investment compliance obligations. Guideline Monitoring is an integral part of the Portfolio Construction Process - investors and portfolio managers look to leverage guidelines as key inputs into their decision-making process. This critical function also protects the investment and trading process from investment errors. In addition, the regulatory environment is under constant pressure and this team provides solutions that ensure wellington is compliance and able to respond quickly to a regulator's request. Members of the team play critical roles in our firm's success by providing technology solutions which improve the quality, speed, and efficiency of a highly complex industry with a sophisticated client base. It is our strong belief that the tools developed by the compliance systems team differentiate us from our competitors in the financial industry.
The guideline monitoring team has been using ION (previously Fidessa/LatentZero) Sentinel for investment compliance since 2009. This platform is placed between Wellington Built portfolio construction and trading platform to support various pre-trade workflows. In addition, the platform also has a lot of workflows to support post-trade monitoring. Over the years our team has built a lot of functionalities around Sentinel to help our investors and compliance team gain a lot of efficiencies.
We are seeking strong Systems Analyst skills (gathering business requirements, writing functional specs, etc.). This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join a strong, collaborative team and apply both business analysis and technical skills in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirements gathering, systems analysis, solutions design, prototyping, testing, and project management and work with the development team to design and develop a robust system that interacts effectively with other internal systems and provides an efficient user experience for our business.
This position requires relevant experience working in the front office environment in portfolio management/trading/compliance areas. This position also requires a high-level understanding of client-server technology and proficiency in writing complex SQL queries.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization with a little to no oversight needed. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.
This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Engage with business partners at different levels of the organization to gather and document requirements for sentinel compliance users
- Champion the needs of the business partners; act as their fiduciary
- Conduct a thorough systems analysis for business requirements and provide functional specifications with detailed use cases to the delivery team
- Work actively with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high-quality business solutions
- Create prototypes; assist with systems and UX/UI design
- Develop a deep understanding of internal systems and related datasets to help with solution design as well as handling support issues
- Create/publish/review project plan, implementation roadmap, QA plan, system charts, governance plans and release notes for Sentinel upgrades, enhancements and hot fix needs as well as develop disaster recovery plans
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release testing
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Assist with project management activities
- Provide hands-on analysis for support issues, lead triage calls and assist with user training
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance or other related subjects
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience in investment management or financial services industry
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Experience working with agile project management tools like JIRA
- Proficiency in SQL or other relational database technologies is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to independently run and own projects and enhancements by engaging with business partners and technical delivery team as needed with little to no oversight
- Prior Experience working with Investment compliance platforms such as ION (previously Fidessa/LatentZero) Sentinel, Charles River IMS Compliance , Blackrock Aladdin is desirable but not required
- Comfortable working in test driven development environment using agile methodologies
- Good understanding of various financial instruments as well as investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, analytics, performance, risk
- Self-starter and willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced team environment
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Prior AWS/Cloud exposure is desirable but not mandatory
Senior Systems Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .