Senior Cloud Delivery Manager - VP
Who we are looking for
State Street is looking for a senior technology leader with 15+ years experience for the Alpha and Middle Office Technology Team, a part of Global Technology Services. This is a hands-on technology leadership position for a candidate with proven record of leadership and execution.
The candidate has experience in Financial Services, has supported Front/Middle/Back office business units/clients, and has exposure to Cash Processing or equivalent systems. This is someone with a proven record of driving project execution, managing and mentoring geographically diverse teams, with the ability to be a hands on contributor in the analysis, design, development and execution of the project and bring that to supportable streamlined BAU state. The candidate must have demonstrated success in delivering business solutions in a public and hybrid cloud environment. The candidate will work directly with senior business and IT leaders and must be able to work with minimal management guidance. The candidate must be creative and self-motivated to deliver on mission critical projects with tight timelines and competing priorities. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Delivery Manager you will
What we value
- Drive cloud solution design ensuring all cloud solutions exhibit higher level of cost efficiency, performance, security, scalability and reliability
- Design, develop and maintain applications for cloud, leveraging cloud native architecture principles and technologies. Integration from cloud to legacy systems and data services.
- Exhibit expertise in cloud end-to-end architecture. Mentor team on Cloud architecture and design, ensuring higher productivity of the team
- Ensure deployment and operationalization of cloud applications
- Able to design services, review code written by the team, merge, debug as required, package and deploy. Should be willing to code as necessary for the project.
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
- Manage team of Development, QA and DevOps engineers in an agile room, any activities required outside of the agile room and scrum of scrums.
- Create presentations to SRT and management as necessitated for the project and operations of the application.
- Should be able to write/publish process manuals and technical documentation as necessary.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong leadership skill, analytical problem-solving skills, quick to learn and adapt
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, organized, collaborative with excellent communication skills
- 15+ Years of application development experience in financial services with hands on architecting, designing, developing and deploying complex applications. Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements in a technical design and through to implementation.
- Min 3+ years experience with one or more cloud providers. Azure preferred. Certifications in one or more cloud platforms. Developing Solutions / Technology Architect preferred
- Expert in event driven architectures, messaging, Kafka and portable data formats.
- Experience with event based, micro batch and batched high volume and high velocity transaction and data processing system.
- Expert in Java, Micro Service Architecture, Spring frameworks, Docker, Kubernetes, ETL tools, RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL.
- Hands-on coding of application, infra and deployment code.
- Experience with workflow tools and rules engines/processing is a plus
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
- Use coding standard, secured application development, documentation, release and configuration management and expertise in CI/CD.
- Should be able to comply the team to the mandated processes, but be able to suggest, transform and implement changes to simplify for continuous improvement.
- Motivated, self-driven, positive attitude and facts based practical implementation personality.
- Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience in financial industry working on Front, Middle, Back Office functions. Experience with Cash Management, Accounting, Investment Book of Record is preferred.
- Cloud certification
- Strong team ethics and team player
- Experience in evaluating software development cost, delivery timelines and managing financials
- Experience leading agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
- Work closely with the business & IT stake holders to manage delivery
- Experience in greenfield and transformation projects.
Why this role is important to us
- Ability to lead delivery, manage team members, mentor and provide feedback
- Ability to make effective decisions and manage change
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
- Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers