AVP – Cloud Data Architect (100% Remote Throughout US - OR Charlotte OR New York)
Job Description Objective:
The AVP, Cloud Data Architect is a critical member of the cross-functional cloud platform team. As part of the solutions and data architecture group, she/he will ensure overall execution of enterprise grade operational data lake leveraging serverless technology stack. Provide architecture guidance and experience for development and platform readiness in a fast -paced, hyper growth environment. Should be hands-on and eager to make an immediate impact upon joining the team. The Role / Responsibilities:
- Enterprise grade delivery with hands-on experience developing systems that leverage multiple AWS services including CloudFormation, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB/ any NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Glue Catalog & ETLs, Athena and QuickSight for data management and analysis.
- Experience working in product delivery teams. (SaaS, Hi-Tech)
- Working knowledge of deployment patterns and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience collaborating with Data Scientists, peer architects and business stakeholders to clarify and prioritize requirements for components and features of the Data Lake.
- Design, document and implement solutions involving data Ingestion patterns, Transformation, Cataloging, In-Place Querying, Storage, Compute, and Security using AWS tools and best practices.
- Demonstrate robust debugging skills, and enforcing strict standards for code quality on python (or similar) libraries.
- Ability to work in agile environments with a global setting.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience in each of the above responsibilities and focus areas, with the following specific qualifications:
- BS or Higher in Computer Science or related technical field required.
- 6+ years of core experience in enterprise grade big data cloud programs delivering as an invidual contributor.
- 10+ years of experience with data warehousing, real-time integration patterns and big data.
- Clear articulation and precise communication to leadership and stakeholders.
- Organized, detail-oriented, QA-focused.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets in financial services industry.
- Industry Certification in AWS is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.