Senior Full Stack Developer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. Credit Suisse's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business.
We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
Credit Desktop is a heavily used web-based platform offering a rich feature set critical to a number of core functions in the bank across the front, middle & back offices. As the product reaches its sunset, the team need to continue to support the platform while translating today's business challenges into tomorrow's platform.
The strategic platform will be built with Site Reliability Engineering principles in mind to ensure operational aspects are automated where possible and the platform is fast, reliable, scalable, available and easy to deploy fully-tested new features to.
The project team will span across locations in India, the UK and the US but daily work will involve collaborating with people globally.
- Work closely with project leads and architecture teams in London to define local project scope.
- Lead the local team through all the challenges of being part of a globally distributed delivery team.
- Work closely with the existing team in India to learn the sun-setting platform and understand its functionalities and complexities.
- Develop features on and understand the software lifecycle of the sun-setting platform.
- Design, develop and test Web UI features using modern standards and technologies across full stack.
- Lead designs of major software components and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of the product.
- Take ownership of the product alongside the global team and work to continually improve.
- Be interested in the business as well as technology aspects of the domain.
- Bring a positive, can-do attitude and be open to all ideas.
- Provide operational support on an L3-basis via on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8 years of software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree.
- 2 years of hands-on management experience.
- Strong experience in the field of software engineering (i.e. working with data structures, algorithms, software design, OO principles).
- Full stack software development experience including Java, HTML 5, Angular/Typescript & SQL.
- Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- Experience in support of the production environment and incident management on an L3 basis alongside dedicated L1 & L2 operations partners.
- Effective management and communication skills.
- Experience in the Credit Risk domain within the investment banking industry.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- Experience with unit and integration testing across back-end Java and front-end UI components.
- Understanding of Garbage Collection and writing low garbage code.
- Experience with Containerisation and Container orchestration.
- Experience with system architecture and in systems design.
- Experience using Agile principles in small functional teams, with exposure to all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.