- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Dealing Room Manager
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
The Role Responsibilities
* To be the single focus point for governance and control and dealing room environment maintenance.
* Assist Regional BM in business and performance management
* To control costs especially Market Data and Technology costs as well as manage & monitor FM expenditure against agreed budget in accordance with any cost control guidance
* Assist BM in the implementation of Business Plans and associated projects
* Work with BMs and other DRMs to ensure a global standard approach to issue resolution
* Coordination with all dealing room functions and be a centralized contact
* Drive and monitor FM adherence to relevant procedures, group policy and compliance requirements, e.g. Block leave policy, E-learning, Clear Desk Policy
* Monitor block leave compliance on a monthly basis, ensuring that block leave delegation of duties are sent out by required staff. Escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BORM, when they occur
* Monitor e-learning status, ensuring that staff are reminded of deadlines. Escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BORM, when they occur
* Ensure that Financial Markets has robust Business continuity / Disaster recovery plans in place and is kept up to date with any changes - Act as Departmental Contingency Coordinator (DCC) for FM. Coordinate all BCP activities as per Group guidelines and ensure all BCP reporting is completed. Ensure BCP site is maintained in full working order by conducting regular (semi-annual) tests to ensure all equipment is in good working order.
* Take responsibility for all physical, building and IT security matters as they relate to the dealing room both during and outside working hours. Work with Property to recognise and articulate the real estate requirements and office space utilization for a fully operational "fit-for-purpose" dealing room in order to support growth and revenue aspirations. Work with Property to ensure premises furniture, fittings and facilities are in line with Group standards.
* Maintain dealing room seating allocations, visitor seating allocations, visitor log
* Ensure the appropriate physical and system access granted to the relevant FM staff and responsible for the dealing room visitation policy compliance
* Review monthly market data costs reports to check that costs are current and correct.
* Review expense reports for air/travel to identify any missed savings
* Review mobile phone costs reports to identify any high spenders
* Review direct broker lines usage reports on a semi-annual basis to ensure that costs are current and correct. Also responsible to ensure that direct lines for leavers are either reassigned or removed.
* Review after hours reports on a daily basis. Monitor and reconcile any instances of after hours accesses as per the New York Out of Hours Access Monitoring procedures
* Ensure that all tasks on a Leavers Checklist are completed for leavers
* Ensure that accesses have been properly review and removed for all rotations for an IG
* Review access reports on a monthly basis (FM, CIB, CF, DCM)
* Maintain organization chart for Financial Markets
* Conduct annual vendor review for SCSNA
* Process legal invoices for FM
* Ensure that job descriptions are in place for all FM staff and updated for all material changes
* All FM staff, Middle Office, PSS, MTCR, IT, MDS, Property, BCM.