Business Intelligence Analytics Lead
JobDescription : The Role:
The Business Intelligence Analytics Lead is to design, develop and deliver strategic data-centric applications leveraging the firm's next generation BI technologies with a strong focus on MicroStrategy, QLIK (QlikView, QlikSense and Nprinting) and Tableau. These solutions will be architected in alignment with the underlying S&P Global Ratings Technology reference architecture. Key Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership for all stages for the software development /maintenance for the Business Intelligence application project portfolio. This includes oversight for the design, specification, ongoing maintenance and roadmap of this project portfolio:
• Development of complex reports/dashboards
• Data analysis of BI solutions. Diagnosing issues.
• Report/data structure optimization and integration
• Automation, deployment, scheduling & distribution of reports
• BI platform support & administration
• Auditing & value realization (usage metrics)
• Collaborating with geographically dispersed resources and customers
• Partner with enterprise architects to define and ensure proposed Business Intelligence solutions adhere to enterprise reference architecture.
• Design robust data centric Business Intelligence solutions that consider technology from a development, operations, business, and vendor management perspective.
• Actively leads, participates and represents Business Intelligence Solutions team in meetings and facilitates cross-functional team collaboration.
• Create and deliver project communications and presentations to relevant stakeholders
• Aligns application systems design with the business voice of the customer and articulates trade-offs and alternative options.
• Deliver the optimal mix of approach, process, and technology that best accomplish the goals of an application/project while adhering to enterprise reference architecture.
• Provide project governance via project estimation, financial analysis, risk, change management, and implementation planning for a portfolio of Business Intelligence initiatives. Hiring Manager says:
"We're looking for a seasoned Business Intelligence professional that is data-centric not report centric looking to make an impact on day 01 by enabling innovation and growth. We are looking for someone with passion for what they do and a vision for the future." Skills:
• Experience leading development efforts through all phases of SDLC
• 8+ years "hands-on" experience designing Business Intelligence solutions with MicroStrategy, QLIK (QlikView, QlikSense and Nprinting) and Tableau. Experience with other BI Platforms is a plus.
• 8+ years of experience in data warehouse architecture and engineering; must be able to manage the end-to-end delivery of data warehousing solutions
• 8+ years "hands-on" experience using Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures, SQL optimization skills
• Proven experience with data integration, business intelligence and web solutions
• Very strong report/dashboard design and data modeling skills
• Must be "hands-on" as well as be able to manage other resources in completing a project; very strong business analysis skills are required
• A track record of innovation in application and data platform design
• Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies (Agile preferred)
• Financial services experience strongly preferred
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential
• Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks and best practices
• Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as Subject Matter Expert(SME) Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields
• Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to create practical, robust and scalable architectures and solutions meeting the business and technology goals/strategy of the organization