Currenex Sales Manager, Global Markets, Managing Director
Job Posting Title
Currenex Platform Sales Manager, Global Markets, Managing Director Who we are looking for
Currenex - part of State Street Global Markets' suite of electronic trading solutions known collectively as 'GlobalLink' - is an award-winning provider of high-performance trading technologies to the FX community.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the Currenex North American business as a Senior member of the Sales and Relationship Management team. Whilst the successful candidate will be joining a supportive team and will receive training, the role is very much a 'hands on' position and they will also be expected to contribute to the success of Currenex moving forward.
The electronic trading landscape within which our businesses operate is a competitive and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. As such, we seek a dynamic self-starter who will flourish in a challenging and varied environment. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Currenex Sales Manager you will
What we value
- Working with the NA team and, where appropriate, the global team to implement and monitor the Currenex strategic client plan and successfully achieve an assigned revenue budget while contributing to the broader GlobalLink goals and initiatives.
- Forge and maintain meaningful relationships with Currenex clients, providing them with first class support and feedback.
- Deliver on the business development plan for existing clients while ensuring competitive threats are understood and addressed to ensure client retention.
- Identify opportunities for new client acquisition leveraging existing products and sales teams.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Drive innovation to maintain competiveness, client satisfaction and increased market share. Ensure that client feedback and enhancements are vetted, specified accurately, escalated as necessary and delivered into the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with other sales teams in GlobalLink to identify cross-selling opportunities, adhere to best practices and ensure coordinated communication is delivered to clients. Maintain effective and productive relationships across the product groups.
- Be a brand ambassador at conferences and industry conventions to understand market infrastructure and generate new business opportunities.
- Risk Excellence. Operate in compliance with internal and external regulations and make sure that escalation procedures are followed. Be mindful of the risk excellence culture at all times.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Team mindset
- Understanding of Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office trading functions
- Ability to operate in a globally inclusive and diverse manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
About State Street What we do.
- Minimum 10-15 years of FX trading, sales, or analytical experience required; foreign exchange or related markets required.
- BS/BA degree; Master's preferred
- Client facing experience relative to the eFX space is required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion to ensure excellent levels of client service.
- IT literacy, MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Microstrategies, etc) and experience using CRM systems such as Salesforce is required.
- Several years of experience in the eFX space with specific knowledge of Liquidity Management for both Makers and Takers in the space is required.
- Hands on experience with the Currenex GUI would be desirable. Knowledge and experience in the Private Label space would be desirable.
- Experience managing high performing sales teams with revenue, new business, and P & L responsibility
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers