- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities include:
- Design and implement re-usable software components.
- Get involved in full-stack development.
- Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Work with a variety of client and server side frameworks - open source and home grown. Rapidly prototype new products and see through implementation.
- Part of the innovation team experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation product design.
- Explore emerging technologies including natural language processing/understanding.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure services for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in software development, project management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, quality assurance, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer, Software Development
- Must have Java, Python, Spring (Boot, MVC) SQL (Oracle) Json Apache TiKa POI Tomcat/JBoss
- Knowledge of any NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch is a plus,
- AngularJS , Express JS, Node JS.
- Knowledge of distributed frameworks such as Spark/Kafka is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.