Messaging Engineer wanted for systematic arm of globally recognised hedge fund to help build out their continuously evolving real-time trading, compliance & risk systems in the infrastructure group of their New York office.
This opportunity will give you the chance to design, implement and build infrastructure components and build messaging systems at scale. You will be working closely with quant PMs, compliance and risk management teams in a fast-paced environment as you research and comparatively prototype next-generation best-in-class messaging technologies.
They are looking for a passionate engineer with knowledge and experience of designing & implementing distributed and scalable broker-neutral, multi-asset class - credit, rates, currencies, derivatives, equities - trading systems, with an understanding of market data, broker/exchange protocols, valuation & pricing engines.
If you're self-motivated, able to perform well under pressure and have fantastic problem-solving skills, this role is perfect for you! Requirements
- 3+ years' hands-on experience building distributed infrastructure components across multiple compute, storage, messaging and database IaaS/PaaS technologies in a cloud setup
- Direct experience building messaging architectures at enterprise scale with mature messaging platforms, e.g. Kafka, Aeron
- Messaging paradigms knowledge, e.g. Request / Response and Broadcasts (Publish/Subscribe)
- Experience with network communication covering geographically dispersed cloud and co-location facilities
- FS experience is helpful but not essential
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with distributed Kubernetes Clusters and Docker Containers connectivity
- Experience of creating CI/CD pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.)
- Work directly with all parts of the fund
- Market-leading salaries + bonus
- Entrepreneurial feel of a small firm with the infrastructure, technology and support that comes with a large company
- Inclusive, collaborative work culture
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Daniel Boer