Principal Architect, Application Development (Mainframe)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 23 Sep 17
CTS is seeking an experienced IT Architect with a proven track record to develop the next generation global custody services platform. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of modernizing legacy applications to meet the future demands of the business while improving resiliency, agility, and serviceability. Preference will be given to candidates that have a deep understanding of Parallel Sysplex environments, CICS, DB2 Data Sharing, MQ Series, and VSAM RLS.
~Key Responsibilities Include:
· Leading digital transformation initiatives to drive operational excellence and improved client experience.
· Assessing current state architectures, developing target state blueprints and transformational roadmaps to achieve strategic organizational objectives.
· Defining application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools.
· Participating in the evaluation and implementation of vendor software and tools.
· Providing technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams.
· Acting as a consultant and subject matter expert to influence development strategies and provide thought leadership.
· Participating in mapping the technology-independent business architectures to the chosen technology platforms and infrastructures.
· Conducting assessments and analyzing organizational needs to make strategic recommendations regarding the development and implementation of application platforms and services.
· Staying abreast of the latest technology infrastructures and development processes within the industry and marketplace.
· Determining application technical infrastructure components such as specific databases, programming languages, APIs, utilities, testing approach, and tools.
· Advocating for change to deliver innovative solutions that meet client needs.
· Maintaining strategic alignment with enterprise architecture initiatives.
· Defining resilient design solutions that meet the scalability and availability needs of the business.
Principal Architect, Application Development: Develops service architectures and blueprints that reflect the business models of the organization. Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities. Acts as subject matter expert, as needed.
Principal Architect, Application Development->> Designs technical infrastructure for applications and assists in defining application tools. Develops the applications architecture and blueprints which reflect business logic of the section or division. Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools. Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations. Acts as subject matter expert, as needed. Participates in mapping the technology-independent applications architecture to the chosen technology platform. Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs to make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of applications. Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs. Helps resolve high-impact, moderately complex system problems affecting multiple applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree preferred.
· Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in enterprise architecture, analysis, design, and hands-on application development required.
· Extensive experience with zOS mainframe, distributed, and open architecture environments.
· Subject matter knowledge of the financial services industry.
· Working knowledge of enterprise data architecture concepts, integration and middleware technologies, service orientation, reference architectures, restful APIs, object-oriented design, and open source software.
· Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
· Experience with global custody, securities industry, digital assets, and crypto-currencies is a plus.
· IT architect industry certification is highly desirable (e.g., TOGAF, IBM, etc.).