Senior Systems Engineer wanted for systematic arm of globally recognised hedge fund in their New York office. Come and be part of the platform engineering team, responsible for designing & building out their continuously evolving infrastructure that underpins the systematic investment management systems across cloud and data centers.
This opportunity will give you the chance to develop, implement and maintain highly scalable and reliable infrastructure foundations for data, research, trading ecosystem. You'll oversee the automation of the infrastructure foundation - provisioning, production setup.
They are looking for a highly capable engineer with strong knowledge & hands-on experience of implementing cloud-based distributed and scalable solutions - e.g. data pipelines, research cluster - leveraging modern compute, storage, databases, and operating systems technologies. Requirements
- 5+ years' hands-on experience building distributed infrastructure components across multiple compute, storage, messaging and database IaaS / PaaS technologies in a cloud setup
- Solid experience with virtualization and container technologies, plus strong Linux, AWS
- Experience with asynchronous messaging, network/transport protocols
- Good knowledge and experience of creating CI/CD pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with automation/config management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform (or an equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Understanding of big data & HPC technologies
- Network experience a plus
- Work directly with all parts of the fund
- Market-leading salaries + bonus
- Entrepreneurial feel of a small firm with the infrastructure, technology and support that comes with a large company
- Inclusive, collaborative work culture
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Daniel Boer