VP / Director, Change Manager
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Nov 18
A top-tier investment management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire a VP / Director, Change Manager with 5-10+ years of change management experience within the asset management industry or management consulting industry focusing on asset management clients.
VP / Director, Change Manager
Purpose of role
The role holder will be responsible for overseeing all IT change delivery activities across the Americas. This will include coordinating change with the Business and Operational change teams.
They will be the key point of delivery management across project teams for this business change activity and will be responsible for ensuring an integrated delivery plan is defined and agreed via release governance, and for managing all release level delivery activities.
This role will also hold the responsibilities of Project delivery governance for the Americas.
• Work with projects and the business to understand the business change and impacts on the business
• Work with business to establish common operational acceptance criteria for projects
• Work with business to establish business deployment and support plans, including contingency scenarios
• Oversee process design and integrated plan based on inputs from projects
• Manage Roadmap of Americas change portfolio, working with relevant stakeholders to gain wide acceptance of business priorities and delivery capabilities
Project Management Governance
• Drive best practice change management approach and delivery through all the work streams
Support regional delivery leads to ensure effectiveness of all change management activities
• Drive delivery of the Americas Technology change agenda, supporting the regional technology head and change leads.
• Ensure PM/PLs keep management abreast of current status and latest risks/issues
• Implement and manage project governance across the Americas Technology programs.
• Define and ensure adherence to Practices and Policies for Project governance, providing direction on:
o Inception, Scoping
o Delivery, includes Development and Testing
o RTB and Production Readiness
o Training / Communications
o Managing stream dependencies
o Includes administering Lifecycle phase gate checks
• Oversee external communications on the Program Portfolio
Key clients (internal and external)
• Overall Project Manager/Program Leads
• Business Leads & Sponsors
• Central PMO team
• Americas Regional Delivery Management
• 5- 10+ years of change management experience in the asset management industry or management consulting experience focusing on asset management clients.
• 5 + years of prior experience in project management on operational projects.
• Must have excellent communication skills(both verbal and written).
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Project, and Visio
• Coordinating reporting on multiple projects; managing initiatives in progress
• Providing senior management with regular updates/status
• Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to interface with senior level project sponsors and stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of the banking business (e.g. brokerage, asset management, financial markets, portfolio management, banking operations, finance product control, and product static data is highly preferred
• Project Methodology Certification (PMI, MSP or others)