Accounts Payable Associate
Must Have Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure at times
- Confidence to support independent and correct decision making
- Time management to allow for completion of various activities based on priority/need
- Self-motivated and accountability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to changes with positive outlook, and suggest improvements
- General Accounts Payable Knowledge
- Extensive Excel knowledge
- Positive attitude & business philosophy with focus on customer support and teamwork
- Accounts Payable experience: 4+ years
- Strong computer skills - Proficient in MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word to perform reporting
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Detail oriented
Job Roles / Responsibilities:
- SAP, Concur, and Ariba experience, preferred.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities/multi-tasking
- Experience handling Disbursement activity
- Exposure to invoice exception management
- Knowledge of Procurement/PO processes
- Customer Service experience
- Create and monitor measures of efficiency and quality of transaction processing by the department overall. Ensure process guidelines are followed and met as documented.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships and proactive communication with clients in all business units and entities supported.
- Contribute to the day to day processing of PO and Non-PO invoices in accordance with customer requirements. Perform quality audits on previous day's postings. Track all findings. Provide feedback on Quality Audit results. Monitor and resolve duplicate invoices identified through systemic logic and reporting.
- Provide professional customer service to the client and vendors through phone conversations or emails. Log Case Management tickets to track all incoming calls and emails. Research and resolve client and vendor inquiries. Monitor and address e-mail support box. Return and respond to all calls and e-mails daily.
- Research and resolve exception invoices daily. Research vendor statements to ensure payment of aged invoices and collection of money owed to the Client.
- Set up vendors for payments. Complete ACH setups (to include pre-note) and follow up on any missing forms. Maintain and support 1099 activity at year end.
- Audit and approve Travel and Expense reports to ensure adherence to customer requirements.
- Perform payment recovery actions to include processing voids/reissues, researching return and refund checks, and resolve ACH returns. Perform disbursement activities.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements and weekly/monthly reporting