Accounts Payable Manager
Manager, Accounts Payable
TheFederal Reserve Bank of Dallas believes in the diversity of our people, ideasand experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that isrepresentative of the communities we serve.
As part of the nations centralbank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is committed to strengthening theeconomy and our communities. At the Fed,you have the opportunity to become part of an important public serviceinstitution whose work touches lives across the globe. Its a big job andthats why we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about makinga difference.
The Manager, Accounts Payable providesleadership, coaching and mentoring to staff members to enhance theirperformance. Oversees daily operations and processes and decisions will impactwork assigned to the team and allocation of resources. Sets priorities for theteam and coordinates work activities with other supervisors. Decisions areguided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance andoversight from senior management.
- Assist management with monitoring the daily accounts payable and purchasing card processes and activities.
- Plan, conduct, and supervise staff member assignments to ensure they are carried out in accordance with established principles and policies.
- Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions (employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, goal setting, disciplinary actions, etc.).
- Responsible for training and development of staff.
- Interact and communicate with internal and external customers, other FRBs and Audit and maintains effective working relationship with stakeholders.
- Tracks and follows up on staff member tasks/action items to ensure timely completion.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to the FRS guidelines and policies.
- Produces monthly metrics for processes and critical initiatives to drive performance, including facilitating updates with Management and reviewing with appropriate staff.
- Research and assist with evaluation of processes to provide recommended improvements/standardization to improve the efficiency/effectiveness of accounts payable and purchasing card systems and policies.
- Participate in specialized, complex accounts payable projects and workgroups, providing advanced knowledge.
- Assist in the planning and development of training materials and PowerPoint presentations for various processes/tasks.
Functional Knowledge: Requires in-depthunderstanding of concepts, theories and principles in own discipline and basicknowledge of other disciplines.
Expertise: Appliesunderstanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievementof objectives.
Leadership: Manages a generallyhomogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/oroperational challenges.
Problem Solving: Identifies andresolves technical, operational and organizational problems.
Impact: Impacts the level of service and theteams ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives. Guided bypolicies, resource requirements, budgets and the business plan.
Interpersonal Skills: Guides, influencesand persuades others either internally in other areas or externally withcustomers or agencies.
- 5 years of professional experience in an accounting environment leading or supporting work team to accomplish specific goals.
- Strong knowledge of full cycle Accounts Payable functions.
- Strong knowledge of procurement card process.
- Strong working knowledge of the following applications: Lawson, Ariba, ImageNow, Visio and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of travel and expense reporting processes.
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access databases/queries or similar reporting tools.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing with all levels within an organization.
- Must have the ability to influence others and make sounds business decisions, establish and maintain an effective working relationships with staff and all levels of management.
- Proven ability to operate independently or confer with senior management on the most complex matters.
- Experience documenting and writing desktop procedures including flowcharting.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take the initiative to follow through on assignments or tasks.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, action oriented and demonstrates problem solving skills. Ability to handle stress, pressure and work in a fast paced environment. Ability to assimilate and apply new information quickly.
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving with minimal direction.
- Experience with understanding and applying relevant standards and policies.
Bachelors degree inBusiness, Accounting, Finance or other related field.
Accounts Payablecertification (APS or APM) a plus.
Six SigmaCertification a plus.
Equivalent educationand/or experience may be substituted.
WORK HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
Typically, 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.Monday Friday. Occasional work during evening hours and on weekends may benecessary depending on workload and project schedules. 5% Travel or less.
- By federal law, this position requires that candidates fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. Citizen, (2) U.S. National, or (3) U.S. lawful permanent resident alien (green card holder) who is eligible for and seeking U.S. citizenship within the requisite time frames.
- This position may be filled at various levels based on candidates experience and departmental needs.
- Employment is contingent upon the selected candidate passing a background check and financial credit check.
Weare proud to be an equal opportunity employer Primary Location:
TX-Dallas Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time